This test unit has been designed to generate a wide range of optical output signals. Flame sensors for fire detection and flame monitoring applications can be activated and tested.
Most optical flame sensors respond to Ultra Violet (UV) and or InfraRed (IR) radiation emitted from flames during combustion. Many sensors also use flame flicker techniques to distinguish between flames and other optical false sources.
The test unit simulates the flickering flame signal by modulating the output of a filament lamp. The thermal time constant of a filament lamp prevents the generation of a perfect flame flicker signal. The slow response of the filament lamp will mean that some flame sensors many require more time to activate under test than they would with a real flame.
- Ideal for testing flame detectors
- Wide Spectral Output - UV, Visible, Near IR, Mid-IR
- Tests many Flame Sensors Types UV, UV/IR, UV/IR², IR³, IR², IR
- Conforms to NFPA 72 Chapter 14 (14.4.3)
- Portable with Rechargeable NiCd Battery Pack and Charger
- 12V 7 Ah maintenance free leak proof sealed battery
- Selectable Optical Output Type
- Constant Illumination
- Regular Flashing Sources (Range of Frequencies)
- Irregular Flickering Sources (Resembling Flames)
- Selectable Optical Output Intensity with LED Bar Graph Indication
- Range typically 3 metres and beyond
- 30 Second Timeout on Each Test
- Includes custom hard case